Monday, July 10, 2017

Extra-Credit-The Machine is (Us)ing Us Article

Watching the Machine is Using Us documentary on the first day of class was impacting on my perspective on technology. I use technology to an extent, but to always remind myself that I am human to enjoy life without technology sometimes. The documentary made some important points how we use technology vice-versa such as for school, work, family, friends, and other important aspects in our lives. I use technology to keep in touch with friends and family although sometimes there can be a disconnect because face-to-face is assumed to be better for physical touching like hugs or kisses although in social media one can conform to emojis with hugs and kisses. The article that I found online "Rise of the Machine: The Future Has Lots of Robots, Few Jobs for Human" by Martin Ford explaining how the machine is using us to reduce jobs for human beings like ourselves. How fast food and even customer service over the phone is robotic to also note that making robots may be expensive yet at the end are free for labor which is cheaper than paying a human being for years to go on. Reading the article became really overwhelming because with robots dominating the labor market because as a student going to college the labor market is already competitive with over-qualified applicants. I can't let a robot get in my way! This article was just a reminder for me to always step up my game in my education so I can pursue my career fighting the cause to reduce robots in the labor market because the population around the world is only growing and we have the chance to create more the world instead of letting the machine use us let's us it. https://www.wired.com/brandlab/2015/04/rise-machines-future-lots-robots-jobs-humans/

No comments:

Post a Comment