Monday, July 10, 2017

Presentation By Erik Hanberg

Today in our class, we had the pleasure of hearing Erick Hanberg to discuss his journey to where he is today. He is an adopter of a few websites a writer, and now running for Metro Parks Commissioner of the city of Tacoma. He made it very clear that taking risks is key to finding one's passions in life plus finding an economic balance as well. He was also informing us that it only takes a few hundred dollars to start an online business which I believe is true. I recently went to a MOBE (My Own Business Education) meeting to learn about marketing an online business with the right skills and much more. Well during half the meeting the speaker made it clear that there is a charge for these services an exact $500 for a three-day service. I'm just glad I did not pay that amount and left because most of the material can be self-taught like Erik said. I swear I was getting mesmerized to buying that service because the keynote speaker is amazing at his public speaking skills to convince anyone just by saying the person’s name in the audience to make it very personal. At the end of the discussion we were all given the chance to ask questions and one of mine that I asked, what kind of risks should we be taking as college students? He told us that creating emotional relationships and to connect with people on campus that will help pave our way to a successful future.

No comments:

Post a Comment