Monday, June 19, 2017

What I Want to Get out of TINST 207


After successfully finishing my junior year here at University of Washington I can say that this year will only get much more challenging after being admitted in the GIS (geography information system) certificate program for my urban studies major to become skilled into understanding spatial analysis, data, and cartographic design which can enhance my chances to getting a competitive career in community planning. I should be honest, I have not been too updated with technology lately and I would love to take this opportunity to ask all the questions I need to succeed in the class as well as apply it to my major and certificate. Technology is what I live on every day to communicate with my friends, family members, classmates, work, and all aspects of my life technology is there for me to use to the fullest. I am surrounded by amazing technology and spend too much money on the latest products although I feel that I am not getting my money's worth. When I took urban economics last quarter I felt that I should have taken an econ 101 class to have a basic understanding of the material and the overall outcome of my grade and learning would have been much better. For my education, it is crucial that not only that I pass the class, but also apply all the skills that were taught to me so I took the initiative to take this class to be prepared for the GIS program to show my professor the best work I can produce and show it to the real world in community planning. Taking this class will prepare me for a brighter future especially as a Latina woman that represents her community with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment